Advantages and Benefits of contracting
- Contractors can be paid high rates due to the skills they possess and flexible nature of the relationship with end client and the fact that many positions can be short term and for specific projects
- Higher rates can be commanded dependant on location
- A greater percentage of your expenditure can be offset against your income
- All of the above will maximise your take home pay and reduce your tax liabilities
- A limited company offers many tax saving features such as paying into a pension, life cover and paying yourself by way of dividends.
- Contracting through a limited company is the most tax efficient route to operate, you can utilise dividends rather than salary which are tax free below the higher rate band
- Contractors have greater flexibility, you have the freedom to work when it suits you, where you choose and for however long you like.
- Switching contracting roles can be much simpler than switching jobs
- Greater flexibility over payment terms, as and when your end client pays you
- Contractors can take as much or as little holiday as they prefer
- Greater opportunity to develop career in the direction you like
- Gains knowledge of running your own business which often means contractors branch out into over areas
- If contracting works out not for you, simple to go back into permanent employment
- Contractors can be the first to be laid off in a down turn in economic climates. However, this is often balanced by the fact that in poor economic conditions companies tend to not hire employees due to internal agreements so turn to contractors to fulfil the available roles. This can lead to greater demand for your services
Switching accounts can be a time consuming and stressful process. Ascendis’ aim is to take the stress out of this process by managing this from the start. There are many reasons why you may be looking to switch but if any of the below are applicable why not give Ascendis a call.
Reasons to switch:
- Cost of service
- Lack of support
- Lack of communication and service
- Lack of responsiveness
- Clash of personalities
We will liaise directly with your old accountants ensuring that all important Companies House and HMRC deadlines are met as well as undertaking a full review of your accounts ensuring that nothing has been missed by inexperienced or unspecialised accountants. We will also ensure the timing of the switch is considered, it may mean waiting for a suitable cut off such as financial year end or VAT quarter.
- As we are a small independent team we can ensure that you get the personalised service that you maybe currently missing
- We can offer a superior service level at a lower price compared to all other contractor accountants
- We can offer a 10% discount on your first year’s fees
- We can offer face to face meetings
- Further discounts on fees are available if other clients are referred
- Ascendis have a wealth of experience not just in contracting. Please see link below for the other services can offer
As a thank you to our loyal customers, If you refer a friend, we will pay you 10% of their first year’s fee after they have been with us for 6 months.
DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE