A full time Finance Director or Financial Controller can prove costly and many SMEs have a skills gap in this area.
We can offer FD/FC level support whereby you would receive all the benefits of an internal finance team, without the added cost and with more flexibility.
As your part time FD/FC, we would essentially want to become an integral part of your management team, committed to helping you run, expand and eventually sell your business.
We can provide a sounding board for all directors/owners with no nonsense advice backed up by our commercial, financial and general business experience.
In addition to the above we can also assist with the following:-
- Preparation / presentation of management accounts to you on a monthly basis.
- Continuous management & training of those involved in the finance function.
- Assistance to improve cash flow through better customer / supplier management.
- Cost and break-even management.
- Liaison with external parties as required i.e. Bank, HR, Legal & IT.
- Provision of essential financial and strategic guidance & support.
- Assistance with financial modelling & budgeting including what if scenarios.
- Review of and assistance with business/project plans.
- Helping you maintain financial control in a fast growing business.
- Helping you to mitigate business risks including business structure advice.
- Assistance with exit planning.
Financial Controller Support
At Ascendis we explain, interpret and translate the figures into meaningful facts that can be used to improve your business.
This service allows management to maintain financial control over their business. We also provide various reports to enable managers to make key business decisions.
- Managing and interpreting the figures
- Monthly / quarterly financial management reporting
- Maintaining rolling cash flow forecasts and managing the cash flow
- Maintaining budgets, managing costs and analysing performance
- Handling all VAT and PAYE issues
- Profit extraction strategies
- Providing tax planning advice throughout the year
- Improving and developing internal controls and systems
- Performing ad hoc projects for you
Keeping in control & ‘A sounding board’
With this key top-level service we will provide independent strategic advice on various matters relevant to your business.
Your own financial director will act as your mentor, controller, analyzer, advisor, and questioner on either a project or retained basis.
- Monthly/quarterly performance tracking and variance to budgets
- Continuous monitoring, strategic development and consultancy
- Cost reduction advice
- Cost, profitability and pricing analysis
- Review of working capital requirements and financing
- Business plans and helping to raise finance
- Business reorganisations
- Capital equipment leasing and purchase advice